This is not a deeply theological blog about Augustine. I will include a little about him because I am using one of his many famous quotes.
So who was he?
Augustine of Hippo was an early Christian theologian and philosopher whose writings influenced the development of Western Christianity and Western philosophy. He was the bishop of Hippo Regius in North Africa and is viewed as one of the most important Church Fathers in Western Christianity.
What Did Augustine Believe?
Three of Augustine’s most important ideas or arguments for the God of Christian theism are the following:
- Rest and peace for human beings is found only in God. As creatures made in God’s image, humans can only find genuine rest and peace for their souls through salvation in Jesus Christ.
- According to Augustine, human beings are dependent upon God’s grace for salvation. Known as the “doctor of grace”, Augustine argued vigorously that Christianity was uniquely a religion of divine rescue instead of a works-based, self-help religion that was advocated by some of Augustine’s opponents.
- In response to the problem of evil, Augustine argued that while evil is real it is not a substance or a “thing.” Rather, evil is a privation, an absence of goodness in the human will. Therefore, God did not create evil; only good. Augustine further argued that the origin of evil resulted when Lucifer chose a lower good (himself) and exalted it above the ultimate good (God).
I am not going to discuss his theology in this blog.
I do strongly support his statement that:
I have been blessed by having travelled extensively and it is my intention to keep seeing new places for many years to come.
But travel always sounds so expensive and it can be costly however through the ministry of Christian House Sitters we can help you to greatly reduce the cost.
You can enjoy rent-free accommodation in lovely houses all around the world.
You can leave your own home in the safe and reliable hands of a person who will look after it and your pets if you have any, free of charge.
Have a look at our website and see if, with our help, you can ‘read a few more pages’
Why Join Christian House Sitters?
- Christian House Sitters is not a money making business but a ministry to support the work and people of God.
- Christian House Sitters started in order to provide rent-free vacations for Christians and reliable House Sitters for home owners who need someone they can trust to look after their home, pets and garden.
- House owners do not pay anything to have their property listed.
- House sitters are only charged £25 per year and in return for this many enjoy numerous rent-free vacations each year.
- 100% of the income is used to support vulnerable children at the Home of Peace Christian Children’s Home in rural Kenya
For Home Owners leaving your house empty carries many risks. Through a free registration with Christian House Sitters we can help you go away feeling safe and secure knowing that your home is being looked after and if necessary your pets are being cared for and loved in their own home.
So what next?
All you need to do is visit our website, read all about our ministry and register.
Naturally we are very happy to answer any questions but hopefully, you will find most already answered on our FAQ page.
We look forward to being a blessing to you and your loved ones.
For details CLICK HERE
God bless you,
We are part of the registered charity
TLC Children’s Trust
UK Charity number 1156786
WordPress are adding adverts to blogs. They are not always shown but if there are adverts on this page please note they were not placed by me, not approved by me and do not imply my recommendation